What have forum members been up to?

Terminator

Re: What have forum members been up to?

Post by Terminator » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Excuse me Mr. Smith I wish to point out and distance myself from this once a year visiting duo. Yes I am part of the op's team but I am also man of many roles within the Bluebird project doing whatever is required when it is required. :D I would hate to add up the times over these past 15yrs never mind the cost. All good fun though and wouldn't change a thing. P--s on the clutch :D
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Same time next year, Novie? :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:Same time next year, Novie? :lol:
It was a pleasure to watch the 'fly fishing' technique used on this thread. Bill cast the fly onto the water in the first post after mine and the fish soon rose and bit into the hook (with a strong riposte). Perhaps you should take out the hook and throw the fish back now, Bill?

At least Paul and I are regular with our visits - just has to be a long gap of 12 months between each one. I guess we will need to bring special biscuits for the last time in 2016!
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Perhaps you should take out the hook and throw the fish back now, Bill?
It wasn't so much fly fishing as chucking a string of mackerel feathers over the side on a sunny day...

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 am

Renegadenemo wrote: It wasn't so much fly fishing as chucking a string of mackerel feathers over the side on a sunny day...
I thought that you should be given the accolade of a neat piece of 'finessing' - but if you wish to be awarded the use of the less subtle, then perhaps it was more like attracting an attack from a great white with a bucket of fish gut and blood - draws them in from miles away!.

Whichever it was, it was fun watching the whole scenario unfold. :lol:
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

StewDurham

Post by StewDurham » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi folks - this is my occasional drop in to say hi and see how you all doing. Can't believe it's been a year since my good lady surprised me with a trip to the big tin thing! - Apologies for not making it up and helping, but I guess life and looking after olds gets in the way sometimes.

At the risk of being fined or idiot categorised for being way early (and because I'll forget if I don't do it now) - let me be the first to wish you all a great christmas break for you and yours. Still a proud fan of the project!! (The big tin thing's christmas present's just been sent).

Not a lot of things changed apart from the bikes went after facing mortality at the Gnat crash at carfest, and the good lady has told me to get Land-rovers out of my system once and for all, so I'm defender hunting.. Can't decide to go for a TD5 (smooth and expensive to fix) or a TDi (rough and cheap to fix). Almost missed the boat as TDi's are rocketing, well good ones are, and good ones are rare.. Off Landy hunting again this weekend..

All the best.

Stew and Sue Smith.
Durham
Good luck to the BBP team, makes me proud to be British (and a North-easterner to boot!). Damn fine work, chaps!

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Nice to hear from you Stew, and thanks for the season's greetings...'early' depends on your point as view- my lass works in retail and has been dealing with Christmas since (I'm not kidding) July! So although I've heard the Pogues and Band Aid on the radio today already, I really shouldn't grumble. :lol:

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Almost missed the boat as TDi's are rocketing
Really? I have one with only 60k on from new. It's dreadful!

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

StewDurham

Post by StewDurham » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 pm

None of this Landy idea makes sense, it's quite, quite mad, but I need to get past it and move on with my life... :D

Dreadful is an interesting comment - landy fans go quite weak at the knees about 300TDi's, and are all scared of electronic TD5's. I have, however, located a mint matching numbers (a rarity to find a land-rover without ground off serial numbers!) TD5 county 90 SW which I'm tempted with. Or a rebuilt galv chassis 90 county SW TDi which could have a lot of life left in it. Same price..

As I said - it isn't logic at work here, it's an 8 yr old boy with a John Britain landrover who never grew up..
Good luck to the BBP team, makes me proud to be British (and a North-easterner to boot!). Damn fine work, chaps!

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Mine is a slow, cumbersome, skimped in every way during manufacture TD5 in black with electric windows that fell to bits, no surface protection on the bolts that rust in to solidly hold in the headlights that must be removed to change a lightbulb and a million other things they just could have done better had they been Japanese; not to mention an engine computer plucked straight from the BMW donor vehicle that remains hopelessly mismatched to lugging around the vehicular equivalent of Jo Brand.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.