Lakeland Motor Museum/'Across The Lake' Mock Up

Terminator

Re: Lakeland Motor Museum/'Across The Lake' Mock Up

Post by Terminator »

Hi Mentallica
I think you may have a slight crossing of the wires re- The Bluebird Wing which is in the Ruskin Museum at Coniston and not the Lakeland Motor Museum at BackBarrow near Haverthwaite. I think they call their display The Bluebird Exhibition.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

Apologies.

Nice museum though.

Could do with a mention of this website/forum & diary.
ron54

Post by ron54 »

Hello All. I have studied all the postings on this thread re; the power unit used on the K7 mock-up..
Can anyone elaborate further on who built the boat and state what make outboard/size was in fact used?
Finally does anyone recall the name of the pilote .....Thanks for your time.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

ron54 wrote:Hello All. I have studied all the postings on this thread re; the power unit used on the K7 mock-up..
Can anyone elaborate further on who built the boat and state what make outboard/size was in fact used?
If you search through all the topics on this forum, you will find a one titled "Across the lake". It's on about the fifth or sixth page of topics. Look on page 5 of this thread and you will find a couple of magazine articles that will tell you all that you need to know. (The pilot was Alain de Cadanet).
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
ron54

Post by ron54 »

mtskull wrote:
ron54 wrote:Hello All. I have studied all the postings on this thread re; the power unit used on the K7 mock-up..
If you search through all the topics on this forum, you will find a one titled "Across the lake". It's on about the fifth or sixth page of topics. Look on page 5 of this thread and you will find a couple of magazine articles that will tell you all that you need to know. (The pilot was Alain de Cadanet).

I'm obliged for your prompt reply,I stopped taking MOTOR SPORT when Jenks left hence the miss.....