Bluebird K-4 Plans Drawings or Specifications

GaryM

Bluebird K-4 Plans Drawings or Specifications

Post by GaryM »

Can anyone tell me if any drawings or plans still exist from this boat? I have seen some models which look reasonable but I have never managed to find a set of drawings with which to check the accuracy.

Any information would be much appreciated. :) :)
f1steveuk

Re: Bluebird K-4 Plans Drawings or Specifications

Post by f1steveuk »

They do, but on microfiche. I had a set printed off (the GA drawing of both the 1939 and the later jet "Slipper" were reproduced in Leap into Legend. I have since given the full size reprints to someone on this forum, so hopefully he'll chip in and send you a copy or two!!!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I do still have a scan

of the GA drawing, as for dims, can't remember if they are in Leap, but they wont be hard to come by
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hi Steve how you doing you old lunatic you? I assume you are over working again in England? Whilst on the K4 theme do you have anymore info on the mechanics of the boat with details of components used in K4 as not all would have been from the boating word i.e gearboxes linkages etc etc
All the best
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

What ho Novie, fine thanks, you?

Yes currently in the UK, but only for a couple more weeks.

I think I went into a little detail in Leap on K3 and 4. The Gearbox was a one off (made if memory serves by ENV) and most of the drive train were made up for the project as one offs, but by fairly run of the mill suppliers, like the carden shaft from engine to gearbox, which Leo was convinced came from Foden trucks!

Let me know if you want specifics and I'll have a trawl through what's left of my archive when I get home.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

That GA looks good but I really do need a larger scan, in saying that I found this schematic but it is also to small to do much with. The copyright on that appears to read Motorboat & Yachting but I haven't been able to locate a publisher. Still I will keep searching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I can send the scan to your email address if you PM me, but as I say, someone on this forum has the full size print offs Vospers sent me, I know because he was at one time selling copies and I wasn't too happy about it having given them to him! Sad thing is, I can't remember who it was, must be old age! Actually, come to think of it, they were being sold on Ebay, nothing to do with here!
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Hi Steve, That would be very helpful, as I have only just joined the forum I will post my Email here. Thank you. Cheers Gary :D :D

Email: dengar@xtra.co.nz
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Hi Steve, Just found this, would he be your ungrateful recipient??

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/modelsrecord/message/16
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Scan sent today.

Can't open that like at present, but I had a look, and they did appear on Ebay, probably the same!