BbP Raffle

KW Mitchell

BbP Raffle

Post by KW Mitchell »

This morning's discussion on BbP financing (see 'Pic' of the Day') is a remarkable coincidence as only last night I mailed Bill with the suggestion of having a regular raffle amongst Forum Members. He suggested that I threw the idea out to you all, so here we go:

The raffle would be organised electronically so you could enter by sending £1 to the PayPal Account. Your donation would be logged with your Forum No: (or name) and at the end of a predefined period (with a published date) the draw would be made and the winner circulated on the Forum.

The prize(s) could be donated pieces of memorabilia, artefacts or goodies associated with the Campbells, K7, BbP Restoration etc..

I am happy to organise or help administrate the Scheme and to get the ball rolling will donate the new video BpPpart2(£25) as a prize. Others might like to donate prizes in subsequent draws and Bill has already indicated he would be prepared to do so.

We now have in excess of 400 members; theoretically £400 per raffle, but if we assumed a more realistic 50% take-up, £200. This would be very useful support finance to BbP.

Of course there may be some practical issues to solve, but before we do that it is important to know that it has your support, so please respond in numbers to this thread so that we can get an idea if it'll work.

Here's a real opportunity to make a contribution - and how many of us will miss a quid!

Thanks in anticipation,
Keith
Drewski

Re: BbP Raffle

Post by Drewski »

hi - sounds a very reasonable idea and gets a thumbs up from me !

but with regards to prizes, i think most of us have already signed up for the new Dvd from the site.

would it be possible to change the prize to something else ....?
Many Miles away, there's a shadow on a door, of a cottage on the Shore, of a Dark Scottish Lake.....
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

yup! anything that helps to raise funds is fine by me. count me in. dont think the "random" user name contingent will help much though
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
klingon

Post by klingon »

Yup count me in for a poon!-and thats guid gaun frae a Scot!
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

Thanks for your responses.

Disappointingly though, not enough to make it viable --------.

K.
huszarail

Post by huszarail »

Sorry, been away for a training course. A slow lingering death by Powerpoint. Put my pound in the pot.
I'm only a man from Del Monte..........
graham

Post by graham »

add mine to the pot
‘The HLF believes the crash is the most important aspect of the boat's history’

Absolutely, and the highlight of Elvis’ career was dying on the bog…hehehe
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

Many thanks, gents, but note my previous post.

If it subsequently takes-off, I'll let you know ------------.

Keith
elgringo

Post by elgringo »

Count me in
alan-g

Post by alan-g »

Hi,
Yes, count me in.

Great news about the bye-law.

Alan