Judd's Canandaigua Thread

lsrdatabase

Re: Judd's Canandaigua Thread

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi Judd,
If you can P.M. me I may be able to help with information on Donald's Canandaigua attempt in 1957. I have a huge archive on the Campbell's, their various Bluebird's and most of the Land Speed Attempts, together with their vehicles.

I hope to hear from you soon. Fred
Judd1954shenkman4982

Post by Judd1954shenkman4982 »

So happy to have gotten"The Bluebird Years" and my really cool metal sign( proudly displayed on my porch) of
Donald's picture with k7 behind him , who am I kidding, anyone reading this probably has this items for quite
some time just sharing, good night from USA
Judd1954shenkman4982

Ok Mike, I just got it, you were there!
Judd1954shenkman4982

I've written to to a few members

No replies, as of yet. Asking those who would help me construct a story for the newspaper in Canandaigua ny, a
reporter that has expressed interest in letting our city know of and where the " Bluebird Project" stands now, it's
Future, and sharing old and new news article's , photo's etc, to get a renewed interest from the people in my
city,who I'm guessing are " in the dark" as far as any knowledge of Donald Campbell since the 50's? I think everyone
On my " side of the pond" is clueless as to the wonderful work you've been doing all along, I'm wide open for any ideas
any members may have. As I said I've sent some private messages out, but to no avail, Ideas?????
Judd1954shenkman4982

Ny newspaper

I've left some different messages on the forum, asking advice on bringing the Bluebird. Project back to life, I'm my home town of Canandaigua ny, where the BlueBird record attempts were tried in 1957. Anyone have any input on this, as I believe
I've tried a few times for some ideas on what to give these NY reporters that have an interest in doing a story of progress
and Future Bluebird plans, thanks
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi Judd, As I have said, Have an enormous archive on BluebirdK7 and of Canandaigua. But as far as the Bluebird Project, although I have a lot of material, it is all subject to copy-write to Bill and the Project. I suppose you could always post direct to Bill Smith.
Regards, Fred
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Not sure what's wanted here, if I'm honest. I personally know very little about Canandaigua but if a reporter from over there would like to do a piece or do an interview about the ongoing plans they need only ask.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Judd1954shenkman4982

Rainbowcolouredco

Wishing I could meet the author of said book, think he will be in the states very soon. I'll get the real story on
Canandaigua attempts by Donald , right guys ???
Judd1954shenkman4982

When's to projected launch date

Remember me, Judd from Canandaigua ny USA, my friendly reporter has informed me some time ago that are local paper
will do the story everyone in our city will be taken by surprise( for those around in 1957, or know Donald's story) when you
boys fire her up,so please keep me posted as I'm in and out of hospital again from past illness giving me a hard time.
Been some time since I've logged on so please forgive any lack of protocol that's slipped my mind, my best to you all,
And I'm sure Steve Bull will get this near my thread somehow or other.... Thanks
lsrdatabase

Re: When's to projected launch date

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi Judd,
Sorry to hear your poorly again, looking forward to Christmas so I hope things health-wise improve for you soon.
Kindest regards, Fred & Jo