Raymond Hewartson

Techteam

Raymond Hewartson

Post by Techteam »

It is with great sadness that the family of Raymond Hewartson would like to inform all Bluebird supporters of his sudden passing. Raymond was a long time member of the K7 club and a staunch supporter of Donald and the Bluebird team. The family were trying to keep him abreast of the restoration and he was delighted when we got the internet installed for him at 90 and he could hear an orpheus fire up in his beloved blue boat once again. There was only one question immediately I entered his sitting room on every visit as he sat in his chair below his treasured photos of Donald and Bluebird, although I'm forbidden from typing it here I quoted Bill on every occasion and he seemed happy. Sadly he won't see the boat finished, but he was so proud when even such a distant relative was selected to drive her, I know he will be in the cockpit with Ted if only in spirit.
Techteam

Re: Raymond Hewartson

Post by Techteam »

Raymond's funeral will be at Beetham Crematorium Monday 19th of June at 3.30pm.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

At the risk of public embarrassment - the name Raymond Hewartson is not familiar to me.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
polo

Post by polo »

He had the storrs hall garage and worked with most of the WWSR teams. He used to 'run' the pits at the Windermere record week wearing his distinctive 'cowboy hat'.He was quite a character!
wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

Thank you for the update polo, being new to the K7 era just pre 2000 I have not heard or met a number of the past volunteers, cheers John.