midlife

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by midlife »

Me too haha!

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Re: Pic of the day.
Its a good job I put it away safely in the mezzanine then instead of putting it in the scrap bin :D I also noted Roberto on pic of the day over the weekend still slaving away on those important riveting jobs. The number of us having to ware glass's though is becoming worrying as time goes on! Zimmer frames and wheelchairs next I bl--dy hope not :lol: :lol:
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Richie

Post by Richie »

Back on the tools this week Mike !

My eyes are just fine too :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Can't beat new eyes Richie

Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

At least it was on the mezzanine last i saw it and anyway it got you lot posting again ;) all very quiet on the forum of late!
Novie
Getting better with age :D
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Gareth Hayes2

Post by Gareth Hayes2 »

Love the contrasting "then & now" theme of the most recent pics. Shows the hard work you good people have done in full detail. And as for the contrast between them & now? No comparison really, you guys (&girls) are bringing a legend back to life
ron54

Post by ron54 »

Apologies if this a question that has been addressed before....If all power was lost would the brake automatically drop to its on position i.e. in the water, or would it automatically raise back/remain in its housing?....
midlife

Post by midlife »

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, I'm sure I've read that it is a manual system, as it was commented on that when she was recovered they found that DMC had deployed it during his final moments.
Cheers
Wayne

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'm sure I've read that it is a manual system, as it was commented on that when she was recovered they found that DMC had deployed it during his final moments.
It was manually operated via a switch on the instrument panel and the brake was found in the down position leading us to wonder whether Donald had tried to use it but later, when we stripped the hyd' system, we discovered an accumulator so the brake could be deployed in the event of an engine failure. There's also one or two pic's of the boat on the slipway in the morning with the brake down and one of he captions on the checklist, in Dymo tape on the instrument panel, says to retract the brake so we now believe that it was extended post-accident by stored accumulator pressure.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ron54

Post by ron54 »

Thank you for all replies..I suppose what I am trying to establish in my mind is whether DC had time and presence of mind to actually deploy the brake at the moment it all started to go wrong...or is it just an assumption because the rod was in the dropped position when the hull was eventually found it has become a fact that he did manually lower it.