Bluebird & Other Scale Models

mickday

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by mickday »

Picture with canopy

2018-07-11_13-19-43_701.jpg

All I need to do now is work out the details of exactly how I am going to attach it, I would like it to slide like the real thing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

All I need to do now is work out the details of exactly how I am going to attach it, I would like it to slide like the real thing
The canopy has a blue painted frame around it with a single roller at the front that runs down a track in the fore-deck and a pair of rollers inside at the back of the frame that engage in slots in the cockpit walls. The latch is at the top above the pilot's head with a handle both inside and outside to unlatch it and slide it forwards. The canopy roof also slopes downwards to follow the profile of the top of the air intakes.
We should have ours finished in a few days so there'll be an accurate reference for you.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
mickday

Post by mickday »

Thanks Bill, that is very helpful and some pictures would be great if the opportunity arises,

Mine is not quite the right shape yet from front view, but it will do for now, once I have attachment worked out I intend to work on my mould some more and get another vacuum formed.
K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hello Mick I've looked and looked and can't find the pictures of plaque on the back of boat I've even searched the archives in the BBP where I thought it might be ,,,,,,so if Bill sees this post could you help us out :D please , on my photos on page 87 Mick you can see what I'm doing I've used a u shaped plastic former so the canopy can slide along I'm going to put some magnetic strip on end edges of canopy so it locks but final pics of the big K7 cockpit will be great can't wait to see the last 2 canopys on.
Al.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Regarding the plate on the transom...

It's currently in Dumbelyung on loan to the visitor's centre there so it's unlikely we'll have it back in time for Bute but no matter. There's a hundred and one other things that won't be sorted by then either. But for all those model makers out there.

BB Plate.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Thank you very much Bill is that some kind of alloy it's made off, thanks for posting the picture now the problem is trying to do it in scale :D .
ATB. Al.
mickday

Post by mickday »

K7boats wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 am Thank you very much Bill is that some kind of alloy it's made off, thanks for posting the picture now the problem is trying to do it in scale :D .
ATB. Al.
Likewise Bill thanks very much, sure you have much better things to be getting on with!
JfromJAGs

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by JfromJAGs »

I could/should have know as one of my favourite bands/singers songwriters sings about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrwSDX95wCs

We had so much fun too. We'll be there wherever you put on a show next year and this time for longer, not just for 1 1/2 days. And if you lads like, we can bring some of the fast RC stuff as support act - even though they are [disgusted tone ON] yellow [disgusted tone OFF]. If so, then we come up with a car (with the wheel on the proper side) and bring some chemical free beer... :lol:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We had so much fun too. We'll be there wherever you put on a show next year and this time for longer, not just for 1 1/2 days. And if you lads like, we can bring some of the fast RC stuff as support act - even though they are [disgusted tone ON] yellow [disgusted tone OFF]. If so, then we come up with a car (with the wheel on the proper side) and bring some chemical free beer... :lol:
Hey, we only laughed at your yellow boats because you felt the need to tell us what colour they are when we could see that by looking... :lol:

As for the car with the wheel on the proper side, I have to give it to you guys for making a pretty decent car, though Audis seem to attract the very worst in Brit drivers, which BMW has to be well pleased about because it used to be them - Merc' man, myself.

But you really do score with the chemical free beer - ashamed to admit it but the Germans have one over on us in that they do make the best beer in the world.

But, seriously, please do bring those ridiculously fast RC boats over, I for one would love to see that for real as I'm sure would the rest of us. Post a link so everyone can see how stupidly fast they go. I kid you not, folks, these things are amazing. Our sausage-eating pals really have this worked out... :D

Richie

Post by Richie »

Cool ! Running brushless, EDF, or turbine ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."