Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Malcolm Ops

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Malcolm Ops »

As I am just back home after 20days away on the Isle of Bute and then former RAF base Elvington near York, it will take a while to determine what has been said on this topic in the past five days (and not just on this forum - social media has been in meltdown I hear). Whatever happens, the BBP is never "economical with the truth" and probably we are the most open of any speed related project when we talk with the public or to the press.

The Operations Team members have had the most 'face to face' time with the LDNPA representatives (through the Event Working Group, based in Coniston) however, this did end on the 9th February 2018 when time had to be devoted to the crew training exercise and liaison with the host organisations on the Isle of Bute.

Before I go, the best news is that there is now an Event Officer in post for the Bluebird Heritage Festival, looking forward to meeting her/him and knowing their name :o .
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 am Before I go, the best news is that there is now an Event Officer in post for the Bluebird Heritage Festival, looking forward to meeting her/him and knowing their name :o .
That must be positive. Had to look up 'Bluebird Heritage Festival', though.....

Interesting to see how little Google finds if you search on Bluebird Heritage Festival.... :(
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Just one minor thought. Is there any way that the BB project can recover the £1808 paid to HMRC as corporation tax in 2017? Surely HMRC can afford to waive it. Every penny helps. Paid out of money submitted by sponsors/supporters for a good cause.
Last edited by Ernie Lazenby on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Just to say I am TOTALLY in awe of your unstinting devotion and outstanding efforts to get Bluebird recovered and put back where she belongs in an as original condition as was possible. (I never use the much over used and very much watered down word 'awesome' any more ;) )

I could not believe how well she performed 'out of the box' - I presumed there would be very slow 'stooging about' on the Loch - no end of gremlins and issues to fix ... but no ...high speed runs and incredible stability - a joy to witness even if it was via social media .. :D

Full marks and admiration to you all and to the people of Bute.

But this thread has shown some worrying aspects and I am concerned it will degenerate into the debacle that is 'Vulcan to the sky' :roll:
I supported that project financially throughout its painstaking and brilliant rebuild to flight - revelled in its huge success as it again took to the air ....
but then the back biting and mismanagement started and its now languishing on the ground out in the open next to a sewage farm and its much lauded future is very much in doubt. Most of it's engineers have been made redundant - much arguing - much blaming - much scapegoating - lots of money mysteriously 'wasted' and disappearing into 'black holes' ...not another penny from me to them.

I am by no means maligning your efforts nor trying to allude that you are in any way like the Vulcan issues nor even approaching it ..I hold you in very high regard and have added my contribution to your crowd fund. But I note bad feeling, mud slinging and general frustration about other organisations who are being 'jobsworths' ;)

But you must rise above it and relish your success and get them all onside with your superior morals, not stoop to name calling and finger pointing. That can only lead to feathers being ruffled, hackles rising and heels being dug in :(

Just sayin' ;) :D
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

After reading the job description/list of demands for that role Malcolm I too would be interested to see who they have Shanghaied into doing it......
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

This may help clear up the questions raised by the original poster. I have read the articles of association submitted when the Bluebird project was set up in 2012. Articles of association recorded at companies house. (There's a lot of pages of legal stuff)Available to anyone for a small fee.

article 4.1 To restore, preserve and protect K7 as a historical object for the benefit of the public and to demonstrate, exhibit and display such water speed craft to the public and at public events and
4.2 the advancement of education of the general public in terms of historical interest together with the associated equipment thereto in particular in the field of world water speed craft.

Reading the rest of the articles it is clear that the project is firmly in control of K7 and is 'effectively' owned by the project as the reporter said. No mention of the Ruskin Museum in the articles of association. Also clear it was always intended to run it.

I have never been critical of the project or abusive to anyone, simply trying to clear up something raised. Out of curiosity I have sent for a copy of Donald' wills; available from a government department at a price of course. Apparently it specifies what was to happen to K7 and CN7 etc. It will go into my files. I don't intend to refer to it on this forum.

If this post gets me removed from the forum so be it no complaints and best wishes to all the genuine long time enthusiasts like me, and to those who have given of their time to restore K7.
Last edited by Ernie Lazenby on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 am Before I go, the best news is that there is now an Event Officer in post for the Bluebird Heritage Festival, looking forward to meeting her/him and knowing their name :o .
search on Bluebird Heritage Festival.
[/quote]
I am told that a Companies House record should, from about March 2018, have an entry for a company limited by guarantee known something like "Bluebird Hertitage Festival Group Ltd."
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

It has. Registered on 22nd January 2018. I have registered at Companies houses, will get a copy of the articles of association to see what the purpose is. Five directors including the current head of the Ruskin trust and Tony Robinson.
Its called 'Bluebird Heritage Group limited'

update. Very little information available yet. Lists the names etc of the directors and individual with significant control.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

What Ernie is putting out on this forum is information anyone can obtain from companies house - what does it achieve?

The memorandum of articles and association etc etc are fairly generic documents you download them when you form a company.

From Ernies side it is nieve to think that the revenue would waive the corporation tax. In ernies experience of running a limited company I’m sure he is well aware of the positive tax advantages this presents.

Clearly Bill runs a highly successful company of whom I hold in very high regard (I’ll wait for Ernie to post up bills latest accounts, members, annual return and all the other stuff that anyone can find online...)

Leave it to the experts!
Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

Ernie Lazenby wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 pm It has. Registered on 22nd January 2018. I have registered at Companies houses, will get a copy of the articles of association to see what the purpose is. Five directors including the current head of the Ruskin trust and Tony Robinson.
Its called 'Bluebird Heritage Group limited'

update. Very little information available yet. Lists the names etc of the directors and individual with significant control.
Is this the same as 'Coniston Bluebird Heritage Limited'?

5 Officers inc Tony Robinson...